Category: Community

Community rebuilding

18 August 2009 0

I’m writing this as I’m watching a 7.30 Report on the rebuilding of Marysville, pretty much destroyed in the Feb 7 bushfires earlier this year. Live blogging a TV report, I guess. There’s concerns expressed by members of the community about the pace of the process, and ‘safe, unresponsive’ government authorities. Too much bureacracy. Too…

By Viv McWaters

Me too!

5 August 2009 2

Nancy White has a great post about how she uses social media. Here’s a summary with some of my favourite choconancy comments in italics. online community “Eminds” was where I learned that online relationships can be real, how they get real, and  how they break and fail. online learning together But regardless of the technology,…

By Viv McWaters

World Cafe reflections

10 April 2009 1

I’ve been using the World Cafe process a lot lately – with groups of policy makers, scientists, planners, community activists and bushfire survivors. Here’s what I’ve learned. 1. Use a broad theme for the discussion question, and use the same question for all the rounds of discussion. People will naturally diverge and talk about what’s…

By Viv McWaters

Disconnected

10 April 2009 0

Last week my skype account was hacked which meant I couldn’t log in. After no response from skype support (and a hilarious email from them wanting feedback on their customer support!) I gave in and created a new account. Now the sidebar with the green ticks is back and I’m gradually reconnecting with my contacts.…

By Viv McWaters